Phew… what a scorcher of a week we have had so far. We’ve been making the most of it here and went for a trip to the beach today. It seems to take me almost an hour to pack up our stuff for the beach these days, maybe it comes from having two
children to think about now – maybe I just spend to much time flapping!
Anyway, the most important item of course is sunscreen and we’ve recently been using an organic children’s lotion with an SPF of 25. It works really well and of course we know that it contains no nasty ingredients. Green People’s children’s sunscreen is suitable from 6 months of age. (It is recommended that children under 6 months are not exposed to the sun). This natural sunscreen is made without Parabens, Lanolin, phthalates, artificial perfumes, petrochemicals and colourants giving you the purest children’s sun lotion that nature can offer.
VOTED THE BEST SUN LOTION BY NATURAL HEALTH AND BEAUTY MAGAZINE!
Other tips to keep your child safe in the sun:
- Always apply sunscreen 30 minutes before exposure to the sun
- Keep them covered up in lightweight clothing
- Encourage them to wear a wide-brimmed hat
- Don’t forget to reapply suncream regularly, especially after swimming
- It may be worth taking a parasol to the beach in order to provide some shade – especially important for really young babies.